Making a difference in the lives of at-risk children
STEP is a partnership of local churches, including Fellowship North, that extends the hands and feet of Jesus to the inner city and to schools around the Little Rock metro area. STEP provides each of us with the opportunity to make a difference in the life of an at-risk child.
The ministry is carried out through three primary programs:
Mentoring Program – The heart of the ministry; one-on-one with an at-risk child.
- After school mentoring with one child
- Structured program: bible study, life skills training and recreation.
- Relationships that last for years
- Time commitment: 1½ hours each week during the school year
Encouragers Program – Outreach into local elementary schools by helping students for an hour a week.
- Helping a child at school with their work
- Personal attention: meet individually with 2 students
- Relationship can last for several years
- Time commitment: 1 hour a week (30 min/child) during the school year
Summer Program – The first step into STEP; short-term mentoring in a group setting at the STEP facility.
- 3 days of positive, biblically-based mentoring during summer break
- Structured program: bible study, arts & crafts, recreation, special guests.
- Participate with other mentors/mentees; plus a fun field trip on night 3.
- Time commitment: 3 early evening hours for 3 consecutive days
For more information about STEP’s programs, history, ministry opportunities, calendar of activities/events, and how you can volunteer or donate, please visit stepministries.org, or click here for contact information.