How Did You Engage this week?
Each week of this Easter season we invite you to join the Fellowship North family of families to fast, pray, and participate in the Resurrected Life in some simple but joy-inducing ways. Use the form below to submit a picture or up to a 15-second video showing us how you engaged this week.
APRIL 11: COMMUNITY
- VERSE: “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5 )
- Who, in the Fellowship North family of families, can you share a meal with this week? Don’t forget to share your pics or a video with us!
- Share a meal during your Many Rooms or Community Group gathering.
- Ask the person you met most recently through Fellowship North to join you for a meal or coffee.
- Sit down for dinner with your family (without the TV on!).
APRIL 18: HUMILITY
- VERSE: “And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you…Now that you know these things, God will bless you for doing them.” (John 13:14-15, 17)
- What is something someone else normally does for you, that you can do for them this week?
- Clean the house for the family or roommates
- Pay for dinner, groceries, or a night out
- Volunteer with Fellowship North
- Pray for those who normally pray for you!
APRIL 25: Unity
- VERSE: “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me. – John 17:20-21
- Will you and your friends or family join with Fellowship North, Immerse, The Call, and Project Zero for Walk for the Waiting at 9 am on May 1?
- Visit the “Walk for the Waiting” website to learn more. https://www.walkforthewaiting.org/Team/View/144411/Fellowship-North
- Sign up with Fellowship North to raise money and awareness of the needs of foster children and adoption in our city and walk with us!
MAY 2: Spirit-Led
- VERSE: “When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me.” John 16:13-14
- What is God asking you to do and how can you respond in faith this week?
- Listen carefully for what God is asking – or has been asking for a long time – then commit to Him to act.
- Maybe it’s sharing your faith with a neighbor, quitting your job, forgiving your family member, learning to be a better spouse and/or parent, or discipling others in the faith.
MAY 9: Forgiveness
VERSE: When Judas had eaten the bread, Satan entered into him. Then Jesus told him, “Hurry and do what you’re going to do.” – John 13:27
- Who needs your forgiveness, or who do you need to ask for forgiveness?
- Send a note to the person who wronged you long ago.
- Seek out the friend, spouse, roommate, child, or colleague who you need to ask for forgiveness.
MAY 16: Prayer
- VERSE: “You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father…At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name. You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.” – John 14:13, 16:23-24
- Pray together with your family or friends, and spend time in personal prayer for yourself and others.
- Share with your family how your time of fasting and prayer has gone and pray together.
- Plan to attend Fellowship North’s Half-Day Spiritual Retreat, a guided time of reflection on Scripture and silence and prayer with God, from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, on next Saturday, May 22
MAY 23: Love
- VERSE: So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” – John 13:34-35
- To whom can you write a letter of appreciation, encouragement, and affirmation? For whom can you serve in a tangible way?
- Write a note of love and encouragement to someone who needs to hear they are loved and cared for.
- Look for an opportunity to fill a need for someone in your neighborhood, at work, or in your circle of friends and family.
- Ask God how he wants you to love someone else this week, then do it!
Did you take part in this week’s activity? Send us a short, 15-second video showing us how you engaged.